.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

argotnaut

Monday, August 14, 2006

The OFFICIAL clean bill of health!

Had my follow-up with Dr. Lim today. The official diagnosis: "Fibrocystic changes, primarily adenoma." The doctor explained that fluids within the ductwork are normally flushed out, but sometimes accumulate and form a kind of cyst. The only information on adenomas that I could find didn't say anything about fluid accumulation, but ... either way, it's benign. [shrug]


I was also glad to hear that he checked BOTH of the places where they had thought the anomolous tissue might be, so I have no lingering doubt that they might have taken out the wrong thing. This is why the incision was a bit longer than I was expecting.


He also explained that the area that feels like someone stuck a rock in there and sewed it up is normal -- that rocky feeling should disappear within about three months. The stitches are dissolving, so I'm free to go about my business until next year's follow-up mammogram!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home